Robot Check

The general information forum area for notifications , reporting issues and anything else not covered in other sections of the site .
bombadil1247

Robot Check

Post by bombadil1247 »

What mythical creature is depicted in the motor bike forum? I ask because I can't find one and there is always this check before making first post in a session. This question always seems to come up when I have made a longish reply and, since I can't answer it, I lose everything and have to start again. Is there some way in which the check can be made when the 'reply' button is clicked rather than the 'post' buttons? It would save a lot of frustration,
Jim

ps a quick fix for members is to copy the post before clicking 'submit', at least that way you still have your text when a question you can answer comes up - I've started answering 'none' or 'don't know' to the mythical creature one and relying on the follow up check.
Jim
In Memorial .
SRD
Rantipole

Re: Robot Check

Post by SRD »

I think you'll find salem gave you the answer to that one over at SLot1. I'll PM you the answer.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
bombadil1247

Post by bombadil1247 »

SRD wrote:I think you'll find salem gave you the answer to that one over at SLot1. I'll PM you the answer.
Thanks, Simon, appreciated,
Jim
In Memorial .
salem
dogsbody
Verified A/C ✅: muppet

Re: Are you Human (checkscreen)

Post by salem »

Unfortunately the check is there because we were infested with spammers in the early days of testing this forum ,
if you mouse over the latest member you can see the member profile number is in the hundreds .
Most of us get the check screen when logging in , were you using the "keep logged in" mode .
Accepting that it's a nuisance at times , it is working as every day failed registration attempts by spambots are recorded .
Most of the images have been removed temporarily to aid recovering the other database
(although they're not actually stored there but all the references to them are) :oops:
salem
dogsbody
Verified A/C ✅: muppet

Post by salem »

A different Q & A Captcha template is now in use and shouldn't affect any member as it will only ask during registration ,
or after a certain number of failed log ins (re. brute force ) .
Hope this has improved the browsing pleasure when using the board . :coffee:
Little John

Post by Little John »

I thought for a moment Jim was back posting again! Then realised it was 2011 not 2010.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")