Faqs page - accidental reporting and that other icon

The general information forum area for notifications , reporting issues and anything else not covered in other sections of the site .
Little John

Faqs page - accidental reporting and that other icon

Post by Little John »

After accidentally reporting a post, my attention was drawn to those 4 icons top right of each post. The "like" thumbs up and the regular "quote" icon then the double balloon thing (which I think is a selective quote thing) and the dreaded "report" exclamation mark.

The faq page doesn't have an explanation for what those icons do but it also says this about the "report" icon:

How can I report posts to a moderator?
If the board administrator has allowed it, you should see a button for reporting posts next to the post you wish to report. Clicking this will walk you through the steps necessary to report the post.

But when I "reported" digger by missing the quote icon and hitting the exclamation mark instead, it didn't ask me if I really wanted to report the post; it just did it without me being aware of it.

Not a big deal here where we, are all friends but is it working as it should? And what about that "selective quote" thing. How does that work?
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
salem
dogsbody
Verified A/C ✅: muppet

Re: Faqs page - accidental reporting and that other icon

Post by salem »

Little John wrote: March 31st, 2020, 12:26 pm After accidentally reporting a post, my attention was drawn to those 4 icons top right of each post. The "like" thumbs up and the regular "quote" icon then the double balloon thing
on hover the button will show the function per button
with smartphone a dropdown will appear with clicking on the ellipsis ( three horizontal dots) with a text explanation
Little John wrote: March 31st, 2020, 12:26 pm (which I think is a selective quote thing) and the dreaded "report" exclamation mark.
Multiquote ! used as shown in this post It's part of the magic quote extension where the text if highlighted can be quoted rather than standard quote button which will show the full post
Little John wrote: March 31st, 2020, 12:26 pm But when I "reported" digger by missing the quote icon and hitting the exclamation mark instead, it didn't ask me if I really wanted to report the post;
There's only one way that I could test that . :twisted:
multiquote.GIF
The Report form did appear on testing but unable to try on mobile just now .
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I just tried reporting Salem. There is a submit or reset choice. Reset seems to stop the report proceeding.
Little John

Post by Little John »

Ah! Then maybe on a mobile you might not see the form because of the screen size and I may have hit the "submit" button thinking I was submitting my post.

Or I might have actually typed my post on the complaint form rather than the "quick reply" form.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

It's more like the full editor form but slightly smaller text area , regretfully I have to say it appears ok on the phone version ;)
Feel free to try it out on me ... just remember there's two buttons submit and cancel .