Horrible yellow header

The general information forum area for notifications , reporting issues and anything else not covered in other sections of the site .
Little John

Re: Horrible yellow header

Post by Little John »

I vaguely remember a browser detector script when the choice was netscape or explorer (was it "explorer" then?)
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

SRD wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:01 am I can live with it, after all I only see it to sign in, but casual visitors might be put off. Is it possible to detect what device is accessing it and delivering up different front pages for different devices?
Excuse the full quote re. using phone
It does detect by screen size already using responsive style .
Below a certain screen size is detected and you'll be presented by a more suitable mobile version
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

Little John wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:21 am I vaguely remember a browser detector script when the choice was netscape or explorer (was it "explorer" then?)
That never was that succesful , if you meant mobile detection , it had to be constantly updated as phones evolved or replaced ,
The responsive style already copes well and in here is considered mobile friendly by the main search engines.
Little John

Post by Little John »

Mobiles were not invented then. Or if they were, they certainly didn't have internet
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

Anyhow problem more or less sorted for now seeing there's an upgrade pending .

Just for the record browsers and a few other things used can be identified when here and could be since the start . :angel:
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

The current view works well for me regarding the readability of the text but the backing picture isn't as interesting with the foreground detail cropped out and I don't know how well blue on blue works for some colour blind people.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I like the blue on blue and that’s the range of colours I have difficulty with. (Blue/green)