The expert on European wasps and the sounds they make

Funny stories , jokes, one liners or cartoons , place them in here and brighten up someones day .
Little John

The expert on European wasps and the sounds they make

Post by Little John »

I remembered this from my BJH forum and told it last night at "Live on Friday as a time filler.

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make is taking a stroll down his local high street. As he passes by the record shop, a sign catches his eye.

"Just Released -New LP -Wasps of the World & the sounds that they make - available now"

Unable to resist the temptation, the man goes into the shop.
"I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make. I'd very much like to listen to the new LP you have advertised in the window."

"Certainly, Sir," says the young man behind the counter. "If you'd like to step into the booth and put on the headphones, I'll put the LP on for you."

The world expert on European wasps goes into the booth and puts on the earphones. Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth and announces, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I recognised none of those."

"I'm sorry Sir", says the young assistant. "If you'd care to step into the booth, I can let you have another 10 minutes."

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth and replaces the headphones. Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth shaking his head.
"I don't understand it", he says, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make, and yet I still can't recognise any of those!"

"I'm terribly sorry, Sir" says the young man, "perhaps if you'd like to step into the booth again, you could have 5 more minutes." Sighing, the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth.

Five minutes later, he comes out again, clearly agitated.
"I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I have recognised none of the wasps on this LP."

"I really am terribly sorry", says the young assistant.................

"I've just realised I was playing you the bee side."
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
SRD
Rantipole

Re: The expert on European wasps and the sounds they make

Post by SRD »

:fishslap:
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Leigh

Re: The expert on European wasps and the sounds they make

Post by Leigh »

I was waiting for it! Loud GroaaaaannnnnN!
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!