Mario and the cat

Funny stories , jokes, one liners or cartoons , place them in here and brighten up someones day .
salem
dogsbody
Verified A/C ✅: muppet

Mario and the cat

Post by salem »

:angel:
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: Mario and the cat

Post by marymary »

I think it's scared of those carpets!
Little John

Post by Little John »

I wonder if its being electrocuted. Could be a static charge or something. Although it didn't look particularly distressed when it wasn't jumping.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

It's neither , if you go to the beginning of the clip when you see see mario jumping there's a sound effect
and the cat jumps every time it hears that sound , mind you the carpet would probably make me jump too . :D
noescape

Post by noescape »

lol this made me laugh (I know I am late to the party), one of our cats is absolutely terrified of Super Mario (Wii version), as soon as he hears the theme tune he bolts out the room, he is fine with every other game we have - including mario cart. No matter if he is in the room when we put the game on (not intentionally to upset him btw) or if he comes home whilst we are playing it, he is out of the room in a shot as soon as he sees/hears it.

The other 2 arent bothered by it in the slightest.
Little John

Post by Little John »

Ever figured out why?
noescape

Post by noescape »

the only thing we can think of is there most be a tone in the background music that affects him, he (as daft as this will sound) sometimes sits and watches the tv with us. Years ago there was a series of big cat diary on and he sat and looked at the tv during every episode. But the other 2 dont pay any attention to it, its almost like they dont realise its there.
Little John

Post by Little John »

I'm not sure about animals and television. I don't see why they shouldn't be aware of the images but I think I heard somewhere that they find it difficult to relate to. Mind you, I'm the same some times.
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

I think it's to do with scent, most animals rely on scent far more than we do to identify things, if the scent sense is reduced they may become more visually aware.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Little John

Post by Little John »

I thought you were going to say the lack of scent was the reason they mostly ignore tv images.
noescape

Post by noescape »

makes some sense Simon, but doesnt really explain why its only 1 of my cats and not all 3. Mind you 1 thing I have learned since I became a cat owner (blame my hubby - he brought 2 of them with him) is that logic doesnt really apply to them :)
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

Little John wrote:I thought you were going to say the lack of scent was the reason they mostly ignore tv images.
It is pretty much for those who rely on their sense of smell to identify things, those animals that might, for whatever reason, use their sense of sight to identify things over and above their sense of smell are more likely to react to the TV. Hearing also comes into it which is why some animals only react to certain sounds on the Box, some of which we humans may not be able to hear.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

It's definately the sound in this case (says me ;) )
If you look closely the cat jumps when mario or whoever jumps along with a sound effect .
Little John

Post by Little John »

maybe the cat has associated the sound with potential danger because it makes mario jump.