The Black House - Peter May (G)

Book Forum for your reviews and favourite authors
Little John

The Black House - Peter May (G)

Post by Little John »

The first in the Lewis Trilogy and the first book by this author. This is about a cop and a whodunnit but with a massive difference. Fin Macleod is an Edinburgh detective with roots in the island of Lewis. When a copycat murder takes place on the island, Fin is sent to investigate any links with the similar murder on the mainland.

But Fin has just suffered a personal tragedy. His young son dead and his marriage on the rocks. The trip to Lewis, the place of his birth, brings back a deluge of memories; some good, some painful. The story is split between the now and the then and comes together in an unexpected twist - although some may think a twist to far for total credibility.

All the same, its a very well written book with three dimensional characters and relationships that draw you in and make you care. I've got the next two books lined up and I'm confident that I won't be disappointed. Highly recommended author.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: The Black House - Peter May (G)

Post by marymary »

That sounds really good. I'll look it up on Amazon.
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: The Black House - Peter May (G)

Post by marymary »

I've downloaded it onto my iPad. The only thing about a Kindle version is the number of pages.