Lin Anderson - The Killing Tide Audio book

Book Forum for your reviews and favourite authors
marymary
Global Moderator

Lin Anderson - The Killing Tide Audio book

Post by marymary »

164006.jpg
There is nothing wrong with audio books per se, I just don’t think they’re for me. I spent nearly ten hours listening to this book which is well read by Sally Armstrong. I think what I prefer about real books is that if you want to check something you can go back more easily to the right bit than you could in an audio version, particularly when the chapters only have numbers rather than a clue.

Anyway, the story itself revolves around a sizeable blood bath on board an abandoned ship which has swept ashore in Orkney, with three dead bodies, belonging to an international company called Go Wild. Forensic scientist Rhona MacLeod leads this part of the investigation. A study of the crime scene suggests that a sinister game was being played on board, but who were the hunters? And who the hunted?

Meanwhile in Glasgow DS Michael McNab is called to a horrific incident where a young woman has died by immolation.

Orcadian Ava Clouston, renowned investigative journalist, believes both cases are connected and sets out to prove it, putting herself in grave danger.

If you like police procedural where two cases eventually come together and the rich and powerful are taken down you might like this novel. Again a 7/10 from me.

*contains a lot of swearing.
Leigh

Re: Lin Anderson - The Killing Tide Audio book

Post by Leigh »

An audio book might be more useful to me as I rarely have time to sit and read, but I do have plenty of time to listen whilst I am driving.
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!
Victor

Post by Victor »

Immolation death by sacrifice.
As I say learning all the time, had to look it up in the dictionary.
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

Sorry. The children used to say I was a walking dictionary.