Still Mine - Amy Stuart

Book Forum for your reviews and favourite authors
marymary
Global Moderator

Still Mine - Amy Stuart

Post by marymary »

I would like to be able to tell you if I enjoyed this at the end but it was whipped off my iPad at midday when I had about 50 pages left to read. My library allows 21 days for ebook borrows but took it away before the end of the day. :fishslap:

Anyway, this is a private detective story where the woman doing the actual investigation resembles the missing person. She has made a deal with the real PI that he will not turn her over to her ex husband if she does this job for him.

She has one skill - photography- which she hopes will give her a convincing enough back story to subtly look into the locals who might be involved.Unfortunately her weakness is that she has a history of drug taking - as the missing woman herself has - and the people she is investigating will only trust her if she takes what they are taking.

Additionally, there is bad blood between the missing woman’s family and her ex husband and the neighbours. Hovering around on the periphery are apparent helpers who might be the real danger.

I will get the book back in 42 days but probably already guessed the ending. :?
Leigh

Re: Still Mine - Amy Stuart

Post by Leigh »

Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I have tried signing up but haven’t managed the confirmation email bit yet. Fingers crossed.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Don't worry about signing up, you can just download it, worked for me. Scroll down a bit.
Little John

Post by Little John »

You could do what Tony Hancock did and try to work it out in bed. In his case it was Harry Zimmerman. (Who died in chapter three)
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

Leigh wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 12:47 am Don't worry about signing up, you can just download it, worked for me. Scroll down a bit.
I get a 502 bad gateway message. Your isp must work for some reason.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Bugga, I thort I was helping you.
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I came back from a long walk around the park and saw that they returned the book to me after my complaint email so I have just finished it and returned it properly. It was as I suspected. Some people think not much happened in the book, and to a certain extent that is true, but it’s more of an exploration about why people behave as they do even when it’s a self destructive path. This revealing of motivation is what solves the case.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Good to hear