Don’t You Forget About Me - Liz Tipping

Book Forum for your reviews and favourite authors
marymary
Global Moderator

Don’t You Forget About Me - Liz Tipping

Post by marymary »

7A1C50CD-AE80-4DBF-9861-DECF77CDCB04.jpeg
I have two books in my Kindle with this title. This particular one is by a new writer who is also an English teacher. It’s free on Kindle Unlimited but only 89pence on Amazon at the moment.

I like a good rom com, which this is. I found it hard to get a grasp initially about when it was supposed to be set because the main character works in a video store which rents out various titles including The Breakfast Club (80s) and Top Gun (80s) and has a non client who comes in every day asking if he can get Free Willie (1993) but the MC’s mother has over a 100,000 followers on Twitter and posts videos about new products on Periscope and Instagram.

Once I learned to overlook this initial unexplained inconsistency the story romped along with the MC getting ready to go back to a school reunion ball to meet the bullies (that she sees around the town all the time anyway) and show that she has made something of her life. She also hopes to reconnect with her high school crush who asked out everyone but her in their year group and she wants to find out why.

Her male friend wants to ask out the main bully from their high school days but is very shy and he and the main character help each other prepare for the ball.

Although the ending is kind of predictable, there are lots of side characters to come together at the end in a satisfying way. Anyone who has ever been bullied at school might have a hard time accepting the pat ending though but forgiving people can often be the best thing for yourself even when it’s hard.