Yipee - Mission accomplished!

The arts , poetry & creative writing forum
Nimuae

Yipee - Mission accomplished!

Post by Nimuae »

Anyone who has read my ‘Good Morning’ post will know I have had a major problem to deal with today. My 6yr old EBosser (die cutting machine) had a hissy fit yestermorn, swallowed a very expensive die and expired! None of the resuscitation techniques listed in the user manual had any effect at all - so - applying the principal that if it wasn’t working anyway I could not make it much worse - I decided to operate!

Scrubbed up, gowned, masked and with scalpel in hand - I removed the back and exposed the innards. Never seen inside one before - fascinating! Trying to look as though I knew what I was doing I carefully removed a heap of screws and loosened the rollers sufficiently to retrieve the cutting plates and the die which was, thankfully, undamaged. Discovered the mad machine had managed to completely shred it’s magnetic shim which, in turn, had gummed up the rollers - hence the seizure. Will never know how that happened as shims are held between the cutting plates and never touch the rollers. Anyway - all cleaned, oiled, and back together - managed to make this box. The design is called ‘Advent Star’ the idea being you make 25, number them and hang them on your Christmas tree after filling them with treats.

Mad Machine - note blue power light - I fixed it!
IMG_9387 (2).JPG
Star gift box
IMG_9382 (2).JPG
IMG_9382 (2).JPG (103.04 KiB) Viewed 904 times
IMG_9384 (2).JPG
IMG_9384 (2).JPG (85.71 KiB) Viewed 903 times
Aequam servare mentem.
Quaver

Re: Yipee - Mission accomplished!

Post by Quaver »

Well done! Don’t you just love it when all goes to plan? 🎉👏
Christmas decorations already? 😱
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Well done, that lady. What did you do to repair the magnetic shim?
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!
Nimuae

Post by Nimuae »

Leigh wrote: September 6th, 2021, 12:27 am Well done, that lady. What did you do to repair the magnetic shim?

Shims cannot be repaired - when they are too worn for use in the machine they can be cut up to make fridge magnets though.

Unfortunately this is all that was left of this A4 size one - had to use a new one to complete my project.
IMG_9381 (2).JPG
IMG_9381 (2).JPG (87.82 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Aequam servare mentem.
Little John

Post by Little John »

Leigh wrote: September 6th, 2021, 12:27 am Well done, that lady. What did you do to repair the magnetic shim?
That was my question, too. But well done on both fronts!
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")