Things must be desperate...

The general chat & discussion area .
SRD
Rantipole

Things must be desperate...

Post by SRD »

... over at Bowland, I've had a couple of emails encouraging me to post. Given that I was first put on the naughty boys list for explaining the relationship that Lord Rothermere has with the taxman and then blocked for continuing on the same subject, then when they insisted I wasn't blocked I posted a screenshot of the block somewhere else, was warned that if I didn't take it down I'd be banned as it contravened their rules, didn't take it down and was informed I was banned, it all seems a bit strange.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Little John

Re: Things must be desperate...

Post by Little John »

I popped in there a couple of months ago. Same old same old. I stopped posting there when Nim got banned but some nut. Of course, we have one of their regulars signed up here. For the Library thread. Forkme. There. It came to me.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

I wouldn't have thought forkme was flavour of the month over there :D
Come to think of it haven't heard much from mark elsewhere either . probably because of all the VB haters .
Little John

Post by Little John »

VB? And when you say "Mark", is that Fork Me's real name or do you mean Mark of Bowland Central?
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I once joined at David Slater's suggestion but I think I lasted a week. It just seemed unnecessarily mean spirited. a lot of the mental health issues of my pupils are down to the way folks are on social networks All a bit sad really.
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

VB = vBulletin a pretty decent forum solution in the vb3 days now just trash
and yes fat mark of BC , FM is Jason

It's always been a place for so called keyboard warriors , of course we know them by a different name ,those who prefer being close to bridges .
Little John

Post by Little John »

It was weird. And I looked in recently and it hadn't changed a bit. But I was telling Lady P about the factions who seemed to hate each other but when a new bloke turned up, even though he seemed nice but dim, they all joined forces against him. I couldn't work out why. He was a soldier if anyone remembers him. Didn't last long but really threw himself into it fro the start.

I never understood how I got away with it. Not that I did anything terrible. But I did express my opinions.