replacing caravan fixed regulator.

The general chat & discussion area .
Little John

replacing caravan fixed regulator.

Post by Little John »

Regulator arrived. But the hose is at the side rather than the top. Its an 8mm fitting. The old one was a 10 mm but with a reducer. Its all arms length work, reaching into the "boot". Got the old reducer off and cut off the old olive ok. The new regulator fits the pipe fine but the old one was also side mounted. This one is face mounted. This means it needs something to bridge the gap between it and the van wall. I've got to get a bit of planking to screw to the van then fix the regulator to the wood. But its doable. Just not this weekend.

Photo of the old 10mm regulator sans reducer. This was leaking through the tiny vent hole in the face which is needed to allow the diaphragm to move.
Attachments
IMG-20190620-WA0001.jpg
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
Little John

Re: replacing caravan fixed regulator.

Post by Little John »

Edited_ImageEasyImageEditor_20190627_25.jpg
New regulator installed, tested and working.
Attachments
Edited_ImageEasyImageEditor_20190627_25.jpg
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

One of my colleagues is retiring soon and her husband just bought them a second hand caravan. It came with an awning. I told her you loved yours but she is less than convinced.
Little John

Post by Little John »

It's a lot about community. Then again, a lot of people just love the freedom to take a reasonably comfortable "home" with them to different places. The trick is, to find the right places.

We've never towed ours. It stays where it is all season. So we tend to do a lot of personalising.

Sorry about the double picture. I did it on my phone and wasnt sure I had uploaded it the first time.