Landline Yes or No

The general chat & discussion area .
Lady P

Landline Yes or No

Post by Lady P »

We have landline, cable tv, internet and mobile phone with Virgin Media. We pay a total of £96 per month for everything.

I feel the price is quite high and every so often I ring Virgin Media to get a better deal, which we always get. So I will making a call to VM, however we are now trying to decide if we should go for Internet and mobiles only. No cable tv or landline. Does anyone have any ideas to what is the best deal? We also have Netflix and Amazon Prime which we don't pay for as we get it through our son. We have around 100 channels on cable and do not really watch all of them.
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: Landline Yes or No

Post by marymary »

I believe Sky’s total package is better than that however getting an engineer is bad just now. I have been doing without live TV for weeks.
salem
dogsbody
Verified A/C ✅: muppet

Post by salem »

I don't think there will be much difference between the two with all the addons mentioned however virgins net cable speeds will be far superior . sky fibre speeds tends to max out at 36 Mbps virgin cable equivalent package is 108Mbps
Little John

Post by Little John »

See, you say that but.....Its a pipe so the speed depends on how many people in the area are using it. It has gone down to as little as 1mbps and is rarely more than 50mbps
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

Dare I say it... don't forget BT :D
landline , mobile , tv which you can select and stop such as now prime netflix etc at will , most wi fi hot spots