They know, you know

The general chat & discussion area .
marymary
Global Moderator

They know, you know

Post by marymary »

I have two newspaper paid subscriptions. One of them is with the Guardian and when I was reading about the changes to constituencies recommended by the boundary commission I was thanked for “reading 760 articles in the past year”.

Honestly, can you imagine tracking the people who pay for your services to that extent?
dr john

Re: They know, you know

Post by dr john »

It is just a cookie that updates its counter every time you view a page. No humans are used in this process. It also lets you know that you are getting your money's worth, while it tells me, a non-subscriber, that I have visited a lot less often, and asks if I'd like to support their efforts. It's nothing personal, honest. They probably don't even know your shoe size. Unlike me...
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

I'm not sure how accurate their counter is though, I attempt the crossword each day which requires visiting two pages but it's telling me I've read 760 articles so far this year. Interesting coincidence of that number.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Little John

Post by Little John »

SRD wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:45 am ...... but it's telling me I've read 760 articles so far this year. Interesting coincidence of that number.
Highly suspicious.

(we seem to lack a nodding smilie)
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

:s_wink: near enough :angel:
However if you can find one post as attachment for me to save.