Covid cases

The general chat & discussion area .
Little John

Covid cases

Post by Little John »

There are currently (15th June 21) around 50,000 covid cases in the UK and increasing by 50% per week. I calculated that if it continues at that rate, after 18 weeks there will be 74 milliin cases in the UK.

That's 6 million more cases than there are people in the UK (68 million). So where are those extra 6 million cases coming from. Is there a magic covid tree? Who's going to pay for them. We are!
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: Covid cases

Post by marymary »

Are you joining the people who want us to break ranks, like Roger Daltrey who claimed on GB News that it was actually the ventilators that killed people?

I suppose it is good to see that a rock and roll life allows one to comment on worldwide pandemics. Some others has to work as medics for decades.
Little John

Post by Little John »

The Government are hiding the terrible truth about the true figures. Its clearly a lot worse than theyre letting on! 74 million cases will swamp the nhs. And dont forget, a lot of those 74 million people will be doctors and nurses. And scientists.
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

I understood that the 50% increase was in the Delta Variant, not all types which are stable if not falling. The Delta Variant is still a minority variant but, at that rate of increase will soon become the dominant one.
And a covid case doesn't mean hospitalisation, the vaccines don't neccessarily stop you getting it (although they do in a lot of cases) but reduce the strength of the infection and protect the NHS from being swamped.
Incidentally, the reason those figures are higher than the actual population is because of all the immigrants that are flooding onto our shores and taking advantage of our NHS.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

So, ion a couple of years (when the residual infection has also died) the Islands called "(not so) Great Britain" will be ripe for re-population?
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!
Little John

Post by Little John »

You cant deny the scientific facts. ;)
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

These green and pleasant empty lands.