Passive Aggressive 101

The general chat & discussion area .
marymary
Global Moderator

Passive Aggressive 101

Post by marymary »

I am a master of passive aggressive having taught teenagers for decades so I recognise it when I see it.

Shona has an upset stomach because she ate a lot of grass two days ago. Luckily I had anticipated this.

She pooped her morning offering across from the church. I did my best to gather what I could but it was a two bag job.

A householder came out and offered me a watering can.

“No, you’re alright I have this,” holding up my bottle of diluted washing up liquid.

“Oh it’s no bather, we’ve all been there. Ian can you fill up the watering can for this lady?”

I squeezed my bottle over the offending residue and luckily it washed away all of Shona’s sins.

I don’t know if Ian brought out the watering can, but I have no intention of sharing a random stranger’s handle.
Little John

Re: Passive Aggressive 101

Post by Little John »

Actually i think its the other way around. Dogs (and cats) eat grass because they have upset stomaches.

Edit. Just remembered. Charcoal biscuits.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

marymary wrote: June 15th, 2021, 7:41 am but I have no intention of sharing a random stranger’s handle.
:rotf:
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

I carry a small bottle of sanitizer in my pocket , have done since the first lockdown
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

The sanitizer is for me but the bottle of water is for flushing the pavement.
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

Interestingly we spent many a happy hour ensuring everything that came into the house was either sanitised or quarantined until we heard a programme that suggested such precautions were shown to be pointless and had never actually been recommended. Also that over 90% of covid infection transfer was done by inhalation and that covid infection on surfaces was negligible except in certain circumstances. That UV exposure (as in being outside) destroyed covid infection to a large extent, especially if surfaces are dry. And finally that proper washing (not sanitiser use) was the only clear way to prevent the very remote chance of contact infection.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
digger
Sys_op.

Post by digger »

marymary wrote: June 15th, 2021, 5:45 pm The sanitizer is for me but the bottle of water is for flushing the pavement.
I got that ... was meaning sharing the handle bit .
It might surprise some how often they put their hands to face or mouth after touching things
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I believe that’s why people who wear glasses were doing better with Covid because their glasses were stopping them touching their eyes.