Vaccine passports

The general chat & discussion area .
marymary
Global Moderator
Mood:

Vaccine passports

Post by marymary »

Scotland is probably going down the route of requiring vaccine passports for large indoor gatherings and events outside. I presume this means nightclubs but also outdoor festivals such as TRNSMT. It’s also required for some holiday destinations. I decided to go and get my “passport” despite not planning to go on any wild vacations just yet. The directions say that there is a unique user name and password on the vaccination letter, except there isn’t.

The letter certainly has a username but there is no password. What you have to do is pretend you lost your unique user name then provide things like date of birth and date of vaccine. You don’t have to provide your CHI number. The system then gives you your unique user name (which you already had on your letter) then allows you to choose a password etc.

Not the simplest system to be fair. I wonder how people like my dad will cope.

Quaver
Mood:

Re: Vaccine passports

Post by Quaver »

That's what my MIL does every time she needs her username & password for her national identity card. Go to the county council office, and say she's forgotten everything, and get everything re-issued. Never had a problem with that.8-)
Usually quicker than trying to remember the password :lol:

noescape
Mood:

Post by noescape »

marymary wrote:
September 4th, 2021, 9:30 am
Scotland is probably going down the route of requiring vaccine passports for large indoor gatherings and events outside. I presume this means nightclubs but also outdoor festivals such as TRNSMT. It’s also required for some holiday destinations. I decided to go and get my “passport” despite not planning to go on any wild vacations just yet. The directions say that there is a unique user name and password on the vaccination letter, except there isn’t.

The letter certainly has a username but there is no password. What you have to do is pretend you lost your unique user name then provide things like date of birth and date of vaccine. You don’t have to provide your CHI number. The system then gives you your unique user name (which you already had on your letter) then allows you to choose a password etc.

Not the simplest system to be fair. I wonder how people like my dad will cope.
you could just register as a new user, you put your user name and the rest of the details in to set up the password - I needed to do it when I changed my first appointment to a more suitable time.

I just talked my mum through the process on the phone last night so she can get hers and my dads.

Quaver
Mood:

Post by Quaver »

There's a talk of vaccine passports here too. They are saying it will be on smartphones.
What will happen to those who don't have smartphones like my parents & MIL?

I could give them my old phones, but only one will probably work, as the other one is a very old Android (still works perfectly for Whatsapp video calls, but not Skype).
I could lend them my iPad (it has a data sim inside), but then I will lose my iPad :|

noescape
Mood:

Post by noescape »

Thankfully my mum is quite good with her smartphone but we just downgraded my dad to a dumb phone as he hated his smartphone. She would just need to have both hers and his on her phone.

Victor
Mood:

Post by Victor »

Us oldies are being dragged into the 21st. Century whether we like it or not.

Little John
Mood:

Post by Little John »

Stay in The last one, Victor. It was much nicer.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin whose birthday is the day after mine)

Quaver
Mood:

Post by Quaver »

noescape wrote:
September 7th, 2021, 9:50 am
She would just need to have both hers and his on her phone.
It would be great if my mum could do that. Obviously, it depends on what our government does, but if you could put 2 people's vaccination passports into one smartphone, it would solve all my problem.

SRD
Rantipole
Mood:

Post by SRD »

It depends on what you want to do, passports are unlikely to be needed for everyday activities, just for mass events or long term close contact (like aircraft flights).
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla

Leigh
Mood:

Post by Leigh »

Possibly there will be a hard copy passport like your driver's licence for those who do not have smart phones.
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!

Quaver
Mood:

Post by Quaver »

In Japan, they are talking about discounts at shops, and allowing alcohol at restaurants for those who are vaccinated (or provide negative test results) 8-)

There is a big haberdashery store near our parents which already offers 20% discounts for those with vaccine certificates. We all have vaccine certificate which are given at the time of the vaccination.
I suppose it is too easy to fake, so they are thinking about making it more secure like Europe/US.

This is mine (blocked out my name/address etc) next to a credit card sized thing.
As you can see, the size is a bit inconvenient.
Attachments
Vaccine.jpg

marymary
Global Moderator
Mood:

Post by marymary »

It’s good that you even know which lot number of Moderna you got in case there was ever a recall or something.

SRD
Rantipole
Mood:

Post by SRD »

Our little bits of card had the batch numbers on them.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla

Leigh
Mood:

Post by Leigh »

In OZ, apparently they are even going to link it to your passport if you have need.
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!

Quaver
Mood:

Post by Quaver »

My passport was due for a renewal in mid 2020, there were talks of Covid, and possible closures of shops and offices etc, so I renewed mine in January (about 6 months early). Needless to say, it never saw the light of day yet :|