Do not, I repeat do not come to Glasgow

The general chat & discussion area .
marymary
Global Moderator
Mood:

Do not, I repeat do not come to Glasgow

Post by marymary »

It’s going to be a nightmare from next weekend due to all the road closures, transportation, cleansing and school strikes.

A disgrace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58809709

Little John
Mood:

Re: Do not, I repeat do not come to Glasgow

Post by Little John »

I heard that this morning. Sounds like Lewisham's road closures on steroids. And they were disasterous here. They kept citing the tragic death of Ella Kissi-Debrah who died of asthma due to pollution. But even her mother campaigned against the closures because they increased the traffic on the road where she had lived and that traffic was slow moving with drastically reduced efficient use of fuel and increased emissions.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin whose birthday is the day after mine)

Little John
Mood:

Re: Do not, I repeat do not come to Glasgow

Post by Little John »

Screenshot_20211016-115911.jpg
Here is one part of the evidence I sent to our local councilors and MP. There was no consultation just meetings to tell people what would happen. I tried to present my case against the closures by using this graph and evidence from schemes in other boroughs that also led to drastic increases in traffic and pollution on the roads that remained open. The graph shows how less efficient slow moving traffic is.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin whose birthday is the day after mine)