Urine bug link with prostrate cancer

The general chat & discussion area .
marymary
Global Moderator

Urine bug link with prostrate cancer

Post by marymary »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61150771

It's too soon to say if the bacteria might cause the cancer, rather than just be a helpful marker.
The University of East Anglia team which found the link plan more work to see if clearing the infection with antibiotics might prevent bad tumours.
Bacterial infection is known to play a part in the development of other cancers - a bug called H. pylori can trigger stomach cancer, for example, and a course of antibiotics can get rid of this risk.
Leigh

Re: Urine bug link with prostrate cancer

Post by Leigh »

BRILLIANT! I hope it proves to be the "Goose" but, even if it turns out to be just the "Golden Egg" it's fantastic news.
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

On the radio this morning the spokesperson for the team said it would be many more years before they can even produce the test let alone find out if it works.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Little John

Post by Little John »

I suppose its a bit like cervical cancer being caused by a virus. And ulcers also by bacteria.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
Quaver

Post by Quaver »

I've got rid of H Pylori when I was in Singapore. Just a bunch of pills for 7 days, no side effects whatsoever.
Most Japanese adults have H Pylori, inherited from our parents. So I got my parents to get theirs looked at, and they both had it of course, and have gone through the pills. It didn't work for my dad, so he went on to have different pills which worked. Better late than never.