Keep your rosaries off our ovaries

The general chat & discussion area .
marymary
Global Moderator

Keep your rosaries off our ovaries

Post by marymary »

A catchy chant in Kentucky at the moment in the aftermath of a temporary overturning of the striking of Roe v Wade.
Leigh

Re: Keep your rosaries off our ovaries

Post by Leigh »

I commented elsewhere that I do not support abortion, but I do support the notion that BOTH parties need to take responsibility for their actions. i.e. Bloke do need to take responsibility for their actions. If a pregnancy results from, well, you know what, then the bloke should also be forced to take responsibility, be that as a full time parent or child support. No "get out of jail free card". In cases of medical necessity there may need to be concessions, but, in many cases it's just a "convenience". In this case the right of the unborn infant should be taken into account. Why is everyone up in arms over voluntary euthanasia (i.e. killing of the terminally ill, or, by extension, those too old to look after themselves) yet they happily permit the killing of a child before it is born. Some of the arguments in regard to life and viability of said pre-natal child could also be extended to children up until they are 5 or 6 years old in that they cannot look after themselves, and so, should have no more right to life than a pre-birth baby. Those who are protesting must, at least, remember that they are here because they were not "terminated" before they were born.
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!
SRD
Rantipole

Re: Keep your rosaries off our ovaries

Post by SRD »

I fail to see why anyone should wish to impose their views on those who are having to deal with one of the most difficult decisions in their lives. Until one is a pregnant woman faced with the stark choice of bringing an unwanted, for whatever reason, child into this world they have no right to even voice their opinion in case it should make that choice even harder.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla