80s and 90s pop charts channel 5

Discussions on all types of music
Little John

80s and 90s pop charts channel 5

Post by Little John »

We've been following the channel 5 series on the top 30 pop records in every year ofvtl he 80s and 90s. Just watched 1999 on catch-up and there were a lot of good songs we'd forgotten.

There was some good stuff in the 80s but it was the time they learned how to do their ironing while miming. The 90s saw a big return to guitar bands who sound a lot better now than i remember.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: 80s and 90s pop charts channel 5

Post by marymary »

I use Spotify in the background sometimes rather than the radio which allows me to listen to the sounds of… The 90s is my daughter’s childhood so it’s often got a memory of an outing or singing in the car on our way to ballet or piano. Real working class credentials right there…
Lady P

Post by Lady P »

MM The 90s are definately our kids childhood. However, songs in the 2000s are not so easy to remember so I would be interested to see the programme carry on. There have been lots of interesting facts especially stuff about various videos where the person in the video is not the actual singer.
Victor

Post by Victor »

I stick to Smooth Radio UK, easy listening music I recognise but cannot name the years.
Suffering from tinnitus and wearing hearing aid prefer to have some background music.