Bye Charlie

Discussions on all types of music
SRD
Rantipole

Bye Charlie

Post by SRD »

Thanks for the music.

Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: Bye Charlie

Post by marymary »

R. I. P.
Little John

Post by Little John »

I know he'd been ill and had an operation but it still seemed to come out of the blue. Very few of them left now.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I saw the Stones on the Angie tour and was so disappointed in Jagger who was off his head on our night but Charlie’s drumming was excellent.
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

I nearly got to meet him - a mate and I were roadying for a folk band who were to appear on a local radio station prior to a gig some thirty miles elsewhere. Me and my mate set off towards the gig venue from the previous evenings gig with all the gear on board the van whilst the band made their own way to the radio station. We stopped off for breakfast and realised that we, the roadies, had the only copy of the album that was supposed to be plugged on the programme, so we set off to, as we thought, rendezvous with the band at the radio station.
Arriving a few hours before the programme time, no sign of the band, so we dropped the album off and set off into the wilds of the Wales/England borders in search of a lunchtime pint as we didn't want to leave the van, with all the gear on board, in a public car park. We found a suitable hostelry and discovered that it was Charlie's local and that we'd just missed him and a couple of other fairly famous musicians who'd been in for lunch.
Having enjoyed a leisurely lunch of our own we set off for the gig venue. When we arrived, a couple of hours before kick off time, after a leisurely drive through the border countryside, there was the band who had missed the album, on being told of our efficiency in delivering the LP to the studio they set off to cover the 30 odd miles to the studio arriving just in time to do the interview which we were able to broadcast over the PA to the handful of punters who had arrived early for the gig.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Scholar

Post by Scholar »

I have enjoyed Rolling Stones music over the years. Some of it is quite lovely to hear, and some quite interesting.