marymary
Global Moderator

ABBA Voyage

Post by marymary »

Is now available on Spotify

Scholar

Re: ABBA Voyage, and performances

Post by Scholar »

I recently saw a piece on their reunion, on a TV news magazine-style show. A part that I found interesting--the group plans to perform for audiences electronically by means of computers which use movement sensors to control their avatars (patterned after their own appearances) as they sing and move. A television program in the U.S., "Alter Ego," shows this technology applied to singers who appear with imaginative avatars (that is, unreal skin colors and special effects such as flying or throwing fire). The impact of the 3-D appearance of the tech to the judges and audience (it is a contestant show) is lost to the TV audience, much like the excitement of live acrobatics and danger stunts is diminished to people who see it on a little screen in their living rooms, while judges on "Got Talent" feel the tension in the live performances.

I expect the ABBA remote performances will be impressive to see around the 3D tech stage, and any flaws in their aging bodies will be smoothed out. (I wish I could edit the shortcomings of my aging body. I can see obvious signs it is approaching its use-by date.)

Scholar

Re: ABBA Voyage, and their popularity

Post by Scholar »

I have heard on entertainment news, in the U.S., that their new songs have not been received with great popularity. This might just be the passage of time and changing of taste by many who buy (or rent) music. I have not heard the new material, myself, or even the earlier-recorded song which I understand was put onto the new album. I did like their previous music.

<sigh> I was always fond of melodic music and singing. The Mamas and the Papas, the Beach Boys, etc. are "music to my ears." :giggle:

Are sales/listens doing well in the UK? In Europe? Do you like the new songs?

marymary
Global Moderator

Re: ABBA Voyage

Post by marymary »

I have heard them through once each on Spotify. I suspect I will have to hear them a few times before deciding. We are going to the avatar show in London next June. It’s going to be interesting.

Scholar

Re: ABBA Voyage

Post by Scholar »

When I listened to the sample clips, I found the bass too loud to be a good match for the higher-range singing. Or. . . that might be my old ears, not hearing the higher range so well.

I used to sometimes hear music on good stereo or quad systems that brother Ken or brother Vern had. Not anymore.