Glastonbury

Sl's very own forum for your impressions on any film , downloaded , DVD/blueray , or cable/satellite TV films that might be of interest to users .
Lady P

Glastonbury

Post by Lady P »

We have been watching some of the Glastonbury concerts on Iplayer.

Last week we saw Sheryl Crow, I only knew her famous song 'All I wanna do' however it was a good concert and good band. Last night we watched Lucas Nelson. (son of Willie) Brian Wilson Beach Boys and Dolly Parton.

Lucas Nelson was fantastic and I will certainly be downloading an album of his. He did sound like his dad but more bluesy and rocky. Lucas is one Willie's nine children (no pun intended).

Brian Wilson. That was sad, it was reallly like a Beach Boys Tribute band albeit a good one. There must have been 10 musicians in total. Brian Wilson had a look of a rabbit in headlights. He was sat at a keyboard with a computer monitor attached so he could read the words but he had the safety net of the band so he did not have to always sing. There was a huge crowd there with one or two of them on a surf board (held up by some strong mates).

Dolly Parton had more of a patter than the other bands, she told the audience she was one of 12 kids whch led on to her song 'A coat of many colours' and of course she sang Jolene. We only saw a part of this concert but Dolly looked great
Little John

Re: Glastonbury

Post by Little John »

I'd certainly recommend Lukas Nelson (with a "K").
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

My daughter enjoyed Adele.
Little John

Post by Little John »

Was she there? We've never been - never really fancied all the mud and excrement. Lady P's brother went and saw the Stones.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

No. She went to lots of gigs but never Glastonbury. Adele and Coldplay were on last night’s rewind.