An incredible film!

Sl's very own forum for your impressions on any film , downloaded , DVD/blueray , or cable/satellite TV films that might be of interest to users .
Nimuae

An incredible film!

Post by Nimuae »

A few days ago I watched a film named "Another Mother's Son". Set in Jersey during the WW2 German occupation. It is a true story about a remarkable woman - Louisa Gould - played by Jenny Seagrove. She took in and sheltered a young Russian POW who had escaped from the Germans while working in a quarry. She taught him English, managed to obtain ID papers for him, referred to him as her nephew, Bill, and kept him safe for almost two years with the help of her brother, Harold, played by Ronan Keating. Unfortunately they were betrayed - Louisa ended up in the gas chamber at Ravensbruck, and Harold was sent to Belson. He was one of only two Brits that survived there.

The script/screenplay was written by Louisa's great neice, Jenny Lecoat, and is both heart rending and humourous. Filmed in 2017, it is full of historical information that I, for one, had not previously known about how things really were on Jersey at that time . Well worth watching.

At the end of the film there are several interviews with members of the excellent cast and with Jenny Lecoat - I found these extremely interesting and insightful. It is a film that will live with me for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_Mother%27s_Son

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisa_Gould
Aequam servare mentem.
Little John

Re: An incredible film!

Post by Little John »

Meg?

Ah! That "Meg"
meg wrote: December 22nd, 2010, 2:35 pm
Little John wrote:By the way, Good evening Meg. Good to see you posting!
Ta much I had inquired why my name was in a different colour and got promptly told to b***** post more to change it :o
good job i know who they all are outside the site :rotf: :twisted:
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
Nimuae

Post by Nimuae »

Just been told - the film is available on Netflix if anyone is interested.
Aequam servare mentem.
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

My memory fails me regarding Meg. 🫣
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Thanks Nim, on my To watch list now.....Aaaaaargh, Not on Netflix down under! Off to look for it elsewhere!
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!
Nimuae

Post by Nimuae »

Leigh wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 9:59 pm Thanks Nim, on my To watch list now.....Aaaaaargh, Not on Netflix down under! Off to look for it elsewhere!
Try Amazon Prime, Leigh, it was on there.
Aequam servare mentem.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

found it thanks Nim. it was actually on SBS.
Of course I'm athletic, I SURF the internet daily!