Far from True - Linwood Barclay (ok)

Book Forum for your reviews and favourite authors
Little John

Far from True - Linwood Barclay (ok)

Post by Little John »

2nd in the Promise. Falls Trilogy and not the most exciting. The first - Broken Promise - was far more gripping and this is very much an intermediate book without a satisfying ending.

About a group of couples into swapping in a secret room in the basement of an ex Hells Angel turned author. Meanwhile "Sam" from the previous book is having problems with her ex husband's parents and their hired thug.

Less about David Harwood and More about Cal Weaver from "A Tap on the Window". Its hard to keep up with all the characters and the serial killer is still killing. I like Linwood Barclays style but I cant say this,was one of his better stories. We have ordered the last book and hope it's as good,as the first.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: Far from True - Linwood Barclay (ok)

Post by marymary »

:coffee: I haven’t read his work. I think I am down to about 15 books a year. I used to read a book a week.
Little John

Post by Little John »

Didn't you read "No time for Goodbye"? That was one of the raved about books on the old book forum. The one where the child wakes up to find their parents had just disappeared.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Post by marymary »

I’ve read the blurb on Wiki, I don’t think I have. 2008 I would have been doing a post grad uni thing so possibly less time to read.