"Have you heard George's podcasts?"

Sl's very own forum for your impressions on any film , downloaded , DVD/blueray , or cable/satellite TV films that might be of interest to users .
Little John

"Have you heard George's podcasts?"

Post by Little John »

We have caught a few snippets in bed after the 11pm news on Radio 4. It depends on when we hit the "sleep" button but last night we heard most of it and I was impressed.

George is a poet in the rap style. The podcast is more of a short play in rhyme - quite shakespearian in a black culture way. It's got a nice calming feel and is quite thought provoking and well produced. You'd have to sign up to bbc sounds but it's worth a listen.

I thought last night's one particularly good. Try this link to his own website. I think it might be easier if you are not registered with the BBC.
https://www.georgethepoet.com/podcast-library

Here is ep 18 on BBC sounds https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07vsf20
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")
marymary
Global Moderator

Re: "Have you heard George's podcasts?"

Post by marymary »

Thanks for the heads up.
SRD
Rantipole

Post by SRD »

Not my thing at all.
Children are like Slinkys - not much use for anything, but it always brings a smile to your face when you throw them down the stairs. Chinchilla
Little John

Post by Little John »

I didn't think it was my thing at first. It seemed too stylised and the rhymes were predictable. But what is clever is how he tells a story by breaking up the lines using other people as part of a conversation. And the whole thing has a point. A beginning a middle and a pregnant ending. And episode 18 was full of hope and appreciation of the good things around us as seen from the Ugandan point of view.
Yes this is the real "Little John" (or it could be "colin")